Thursday, July 12, 2012

7/11/12

Hola Familia,
This week we still don´t have any electricity in the house. So we have been washing by hand which is hard because we don´t have the tablet to scrub your clothes so we have to use a brush, but I use the inside wall of the washer. It makes your arms pretty tired, but I have been thinking alot about what Tom Cruise taught in ¨Far and Away¨, ¨You plung and you scrup and you plung and scrub and you plung and you scrub again and if it still isn´t clean you plung and scrub again.¨ It really works. 
Today we have been cleaning the whole house. We woke up and then we washed the walls and stove and cupboards counters and then the floor. Then we spent the rest of the time hand washing our clothes and sheets.
This week we have a baptism planned. It has been a while we have run into a couple problems with all the baptisms that we had planned, but this weekend we have one. Her name is Sara, she is a friend and reference of Jesus Cabrera. She has been progressing a lot and is involved in relief society going to meetings and going to church. It was really good. We were worried because her work schedule was going to change and she was going to have to work on Sunday, but we promised her if she prayed and talked to her boss she would be able to work something out so that she doesn´t have to work on Sunday. She told us yesterday that her boss changed her schedule and she isn´t going to have to work on sundays. She is really excited about her baptism and has been telling everyone about it. So we are pretty excited for her.
Transfers are next week so that is pretty sad I think that I am probably leaving because I have a lot of time in the area. So it is sad to think that this could be my last week with these members and investigators. So this week was also the last week that I had to teach my district, it went really well. I have learned alot from them from studing and teaching them and also from them teaching me. It has been a really good district.
I met President and his wife we had interviews last week. He has the look of a mission president, he is calm but his words have power and are carried by the spirit. The interview was great, it was a bit weird because it was in english, but really great. His wife is more energetic and is very loving and you can see that she really has charity for the people already. she also interviewed us and asked about our families they are and if they write us and are active in the church. They are very excited and have a lot of energy for the work. I really like them and it is going to be great to get to know them better.
Wow it seems pretty crazy at home with all the fires and girls camp and student council camp. I hope that you can all have fun with all these activities. I´m sorry to hear about the high adventure being canceled, but fishing will be fun. Keep working hard and having a great summer. Joshua and Allison it sounds like you guys are becoming really fast swimmers. I remember when I left and joshua was getting pretty good and allison was starting to swim in the deep end and now you guys are racing and working hard. Keep going and win lots for me. Thats good that Dad has a break from work for a little bit, maybe you can shorten the list of ¨hunny dos¨ that mom has. Well I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all tons!
Con Amor
Elder Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment