Thursday, March 22, 2012

3/21/12- Baptism and Burned

Hola Familia
This week has been a bit of a challenge. First on saturday we had the baptism of Felix so we went to the church saturday morning to clean the font and get everything ready, and all the locks on the church were changed. We called everyone that we had numbers to that would have keys, and nobody answered. They had all done to the temple for the entire day. The bishop had had all the locks changed the night before and he was the only person with the new keys and he was at the temple, and wasn´t going to get back until late saturday night. So we called president Lee and he called the stake president and we got a number of a guy that had all the keys to the churches in santiago. We had to wait at the church for about an hour and then he gave us our own set of keys. That night for the baptism all the members were gone so nobody was at the baptism. It was just the four missionaries of cien fuegos and then Felix and two of his brothers and a family friend. The electricity kept coming and going every 5 min and it would turn of the generator every time it came back so that was a pain. It started 40 min late when the mission leader who was conducting finally came and we had the baptism. I was able to baptise Felix because he wanted me to baptise him. Sunday we left all night with Felix to teach other investigators and at the end of the day me and him just talked for a while and he was asking a ton of questions about serving a mission and what he would have to do. He is 24 so if he wants to he would have to do it quick. That night when I was cooking I went to drain some water for mac-n-cheese and there was water on the floor. I slipped and the boiling water went all over my arms and part of my chest. I just got in the shower ( a bucket with a cup to pour it on yourself). It really hurt that night. We called Hermana Lee on monday and we had me buy a cream to put on my arms and that seems to be helping a lot.
It is different working with Elder Hernandez. It was sad to see De Leon go it really hit me the next morning. He really talks a lot and tells a lot of stories, but I guess that is helping me because stories are the hardest to understand and the hardest to tell. So that is helping me out. I have noticed that my spanish is getting better because I have to talk spanish all the time, except when we are with other missionaries.
We have another baptism set for this saturday. It is another brother of Jesus Cabrera his name is Sandi. He is doing really good and is excited to be baptised this saturday. We also have another two brothers that are getting ready to be baptised in the coming weeks so that is exciting. The Transfer is looking good and we are going to be doing a lot of work.
To answer the questions. Yes we are still living in the same house but we don´t have rats anymore De Leon and I fixed that a long time ago. We are still working on moving. Elder Hernandez is alright and we are getting along. My spanish is getting better, but I still have a long way to go. The places that we have picked out to move in are from nice to ok so they will be better then the house that we are living in now.
I hope that Tyler does great in the campaign this week and that he is able to become the next Student President! Joshua and Allison sounds like they did a great job with their talents. Keep working on your talents. I hope that when I get home that you will play me that sound and Allison will sing me that song. I hope that Amanda keeps getting better, and that Rachael keeps up on her homework. Sounds like everyone is doing great! I sorry that you still have a cold running through the family.
I love you all and hope that you have a Great week good luck and get better all of you!!
Love Elder Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment