Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2/29/12

Hola Familia
This week has been really good. We had another baptism. We baptised Luis Gomez. He was way excited to be baptised, and on Sunday he was made a member of the church and received the Aaronic Priesthood. He is excited to leave with us and do missionary work. So we will have to find a time when he can come with us.
I was able to see Braden Capt which was way cool! I went to get my package from the house of the zone leaders that morning and we seemed to be really late, but we got over there and got the bag then we went back to the curb to wait for the bus to go the our district meeting. We were waiting there for a couple of minutes and then a big tour bus passed by and all the windows were shut but Bradens so he waved and then I realized that it was us and tried to get our attention. We saw him and waved. We just happened to be right by where that bus line would stop so we walked over there and talked for him for a minute. It was pretty awesome and how unlikely it was that we would be able to see him, but the blessings that we receive.
We are teaching this guy, Rufino, and at first he seemed like a humble poor, religious guy and at the end of the lesson he just asked us to help him with money. We explained that as missionaries we can´t do that but we can do service, and then we left. He came to church and a church activity. I sat by him during church and he was just holding his arms up in the air praying most of the time, and when they welcome you to the meeting he would answer pretty loud, it was pretty funny. So we went back to teach him more and during the lesson he points at my companion and says poor people like us don´t have a lot of things, but rich people like him and he pointed at me do have a lot of things. So I tried to explain that we are all children of God and all we have to do is live the commandments and we can receive the same blessing of living with the Lord after this life. We are going over there next week to help him clean up his house. He has a cut on his leg that keeps opening up and bleeding and looks really nasty. He has had it since september, but he is really poor and hasn´t been able to work.
I guess I´ll come home to a bunch of dented cars now that Rachael is driving! I just kidding I hope that you had a happy birthday, and now that i´m gone I am reminding tyler to chance away all of the loser guys that try to hang around Rachael. I hope that mom had a wonderful Birthday too I got all of you letters and am trying to write back, but they will come when they can. I wasn´t able to open your letter on the 26th I got it on the 27th, but that is ok. I´m glad to hear that you both had a great birthday. Do you still have the blue bug? It is exciting that you guys got a new car I guess the next on the list in the truck that dad wants. Well I have to go now I hope that you all have a great time, And another Happy Birthday to Rachael and Mom. Thank you for the package it was really good. I have to admite that the food tasted wierd at first but it didn´t make me sick I can eat anything almost. Well have a great week, and I love you all!
Con amor Elder Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment