Thursday, June 7, 2012

6/6/2012

This week has been pretty good. My companion is going home today so we have been working pretty hard. He was able to finish strong. My new companion is Elder Muralles from Guatemala, Guatemala City, and says that he know a bunch of missionaries I asked about marshall Nielson but he said that there were two Elder Nielsons. I am now the District Leader of 8 missionaries 6 Elders and 2 Hermanas. There are 4 from my group of missionaries that are in my district. It is a bit intimidating, but I´ll just do my best. 
This week we saw something that I never thought I would see in my life. So we were at the church to pick up a member to go and do visits with us, and a big black dog came waddling down the road. It was half squating. Then it stopped in and tried to poop, it must have put a good amount of preasure because it was shaking. Then it waddled some more and then tried again. On the third attempt it came out. It was a grocery bag that it had eaten. It was pretty gross, and really funny.
We have eaten at a lot of members houses this week because my companion is leaving so they all wanted us to go and eat over. One day I ate a ton I thought that I was going to explode. We have had a lot of meetings that we have had to go to this week. We had an exchange while my companion was in a meeting for the missionaries who are finishing their missions. When we got back, because we were the only companions that got back on time, but the meeting was still going so I was able to play the piano a little bit. It was also nice to see all the missionaries that are finishing their missions to say goodbye to them.
It has been extremely hot lately. We are sweating like crazy. The members don´t like to leave in the early afternoon because it is so hot, but they are leaving with us which is really nice.
Yesterday we went to an investigators house when we didn´t have an appointment. When we got there she didn´t want to share with us it wasn´t a good time. We sent another appointment and asked if there was anything that we could do, because something was wrong. She told us that it was something personal and something emotional and that there was nothing that we could do for her. So we left, I felt like was should go back, so we walked back up the stairs and knocked on her door. She was pretty surprised to see us at her door again, but she was close to tears. We told her that she was a good friend and we didn´t want to leave her like   that. She said that there was nothing that we could do, so we told her that whatever she was going through the Book of Mormon would help. It was extremely impacting. My companion and I were close to tears when we left. She is normally very excited and laughs and likes the visits, she has also asked us advice about problems that she has in her life and is a really good friend and investigator. It was really hard, I don´t know how to discribe it, I really wanted to help her and felt like I couldn´t, my heart was heavy and sad it is just hard to discribe. 
I hope that you all have a great week this week with brand new carpet the squishes when you step on it and goes in-between your toes. Wow that seems so foreign. I hope that Rachael have an awesome experience in EFY, and that you are all enjoying your first week in summer. Keep working hard and having fun! I love you all and thank you for the package that you guys sent me. Have a great week!
Con Amor 
Elder Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment