Thursday, September 26, 2013

9/25/13


So this week has been a bit interesting.

This week was a bit difficult because we had to go around and try to find our investigators again and put appointments and try to teach them. The trick was that I was still pretty weak and just to get to the begining of the area where the majority of our investigators live we have to walk about 30 min and by the time we got there I knew that if we went much further I wouldn´t be able to get back to the house. So that was a bit frustrating, but it was what we had to do because that was all we could do. I was able to get my strength back a little more everyday so we were able to leave longer and walk farther. So that was last week and by the end of the week I was feeling like I did before I was sick.

This week we have been working with the less active that I was reactivating and his wife that we were teaching in Pueblo Nuevo my last area. They were the ones with the accident where their house burnt down and it killed their three little kids which has been devestating, but they have been working with me because in my area it is easier to get married so we finally have it all planned and they are going to get married this friday which is soooo great! We have been working with them for a while and they are finally going to get married so that is great. She will then be able to get baptised. They are a very special experience for me. she learned how to read with us throught the book of mormon and before she wouldn´t really talk to anybody she would just smile and laugh, but now she is expressing herself and talking a lot and is learning a lot. It was really sad and today was the first time I have seen them since the accident and I could tell that it has been hard for them expecially hard for her but they have plans to get sealed next year which is going to be so great!

We have also been working with this less active family and we went down with him to see what it is going to take to marry them and because he is haitian it is going to be really hard and expensive. He was a little discouraged because of the hard requirements. so we went to their house and talked to them about how they are going to be able to get married. We made plans with them on how they can do it and they seem a lot more excited although it is going to take a long time. He has called us asking when we are going to pass by and also he has been coming to church almost every week for the past three weeks and also the activities so that is going great, we just have to get the wife to come to church now.  

Well I hope that you guys are all haveing a great week getting ready for general Conference. I love you guys tons!

Elder Hunter Cannon

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment